About Me

My photo
Life's what you make it.

Monday 2 January 2012

New Year, New You?

New Year, New You?

Happy New Year to each and every person reading this. As it is the start of a brand spanking new, fresh out of the packet annum I thought I would post again.

So it's that time of year where the combined anti climax of Christmas and gastronomic excesses smacks many people square in the face. Gym memberships will inevitably soar, weight watchers ads will appear on the TV multiple times a day and Nicorette make a serious amount of revenue from shifting their products.

So it's a new year, have you promised yourself that you are going to lose weight? Get healthy? If so, that is the first step. New Years resolutions are a feeble exercise in my mind. A change of lifestyle is for good, a long term shift that will improve your health hereon in, no matter when you make that decision to turn it around.

So I wanted you to share your goals and plans? Whether you are starting out or in the midst of weight loss. I always find it fascinating to hear and read other peoples experiences, especially since I have been there myself.

Rainy xxx

5 comments:

Janet S. said...

Welp, my congregation started the new year with a 7 day fast (I live in Israel, so, we are facing some serious challenges and expect serious trouble). That being said, with a good spiritual cleanse, physically, its also a good way to start the year. I am doing this weeks fast by eating only raw or cooked veg.
I have been reading a book called "YOU on a DIET!" Its explaining what unhealthy eating is actually DOING to my body, how it effects the whole digestive system, hence, ones organs in general. And, throw away the scale and get a measuring tape, for belly fat is a greater indicator of health than weight. Lost 1/2 a stone in 3 days. The challenge will be to REMEMBER what junk food actually DOES to the body, and use that image when tempted to eat garbage or over eat.
J.S.

Janet S. said...

Rainy, you managed to over ride those cravings, the emotional triggers, you learned to say NO! to over eating. That's what I need to do. I keep on losing and regaining the same 10 pounds, and I need to loose 45. Did you just grit your teeth, or what was the KEY not to give in until you arrived at goal?
JS

cathleen said...

you sound like you have been on quite a journey!! and also sound like you would be a fantastic inspiration to alot of people out there!! i have a site called www.mygreatshapetoday.com/healthandwellbeing . that i have just set up two days ago and am starting to create a comunity in here. do you mind if i follow your story?

cheers
cathleen . t .

Rainy said...

Jackie! How are you? How did the raw food stint pan out?
I did learn to say No although it slipped at times. I knew I had to be strict with myself, at least until I had reached goal. That said, I did still have the odd treat here and there which gave me something to look forward to. As I mentioned previously, I had a take away some Fridays. I always tried to luck a healthier option from the menu but it meant that I couldhave a treat, not only rewarding myself for the weeks physical training but ensuring I was not depriving myself too much. Deprivation leads to temptation xx

Rainy said...

Cathleen, thank you for taking time out to read my blog and follow me. I shall certainly check yours out too.
I really hope my struggles, mistakes and eventual success can inspire others out there facing the same challenges.
I would love to be able to help others full time (maybe be a PT/ lifestyle coach) and hope life affords me that opportunity one day xx