About Me

My photo
Life's what you make it.

Sunday 16 October 2011

...and now for something completely different

Some rhyming verse about the fat curse

As I ate and I ate my body slowly expanded left and right
surely any kind of growth should only happen with height?
My burden got heavy, my problems grew with my size
to stop the weight adding, that would have been wise
instead I helped it along by eating everything in sight
I could have nurtured my health, against my greed I could fight
finally it happened one day, I changed the course of my life
by accepting I had a problem, I managed to get out of strife
Smaller body I now own, fitness came back to stay
no more weighty torture for me, the black cloud has now gone away

OK so it is not to John Betjeman's standards but a light hearted break from the norm :)

xx

No comments: